PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 truck got a SURPRISE

patrick m.
10-13-2003, 19:48
One of my friends has a 2002 silverado 2wd ext cab with a 5.3 (strong eng). He came by the shop this afternoon to get his oil changed, the whole time telling me how good it ran, of course, ive heard all of this before.
This guy works at a chevy dealer in the parts dept, so he thinks the 6.5 is slow, eventhough he knows i have found you guys, and TDP to help me make my truck into a respectable runner.
Anyway, we talk after the LOF, and decide he will come to my house to watch some of the MNF game, so he waits untill my work is done. I finish up, and we're off to the house.
There is a short drive to the I-state, plenty of time for the 6.5 to warm up. I'm fallowing him when we get to the red-light at the left turn on to the on ramp.
I see him look at me in the mirror, I goose it a little. He laughs, i goose it again. The light turns green, he burns a tire a little and much to his surprise, im on him, he kicks it again. Im on him still, i see the determination in his face as he watches traffic. we have to slow slightly to merge into traffic, he jumps out two lanes as he hits the throttle to the floor. Im in hot pursuit, very close to his rear bumper. ( i havent done anything like this on the street since highschool). up ahead, two lanes are open, we have to slow for traffic. he decides on the left lane, i stick it and hit the right lane. as i get beside him, he looks over at me with a look on his face you would expect to see from an Iraqi soldier as he watches the coalition march in to town.

I'm not claiming to have outrun a 5.3 truck,,,,,,,,but im very close. He couldnt outrun ME!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

oh, key info, he has: cold air intake, hypertech programer, and high flow exhaust

ucdavis
10-13-2003, 19:57
I'm starting to think INTERCOOLER for the old motorhome w/stories like this. If I could only figure a place to put it.
Where can I sign up for the next Motorhome Pull?

patrick m.
10-13-2003, 20:28
i would think you could fit any intercooler you wanted in there, but then , ONLY YOU would know what would fit best

Cowracer
10-14-2003, 05:30
UCDAVIS,

Drag racing motor homes?

I'm with you! I have always wanted a 12 second Winnebago Brave. I figure if you gut it entirely, you could get into the 12's with about 600 hp which is easy to make with a BBC.

Could you imagine the look on Joe Preppie's face when you dust his mustang GT with a Mini-Winnie! He'd be in therapy for WEEKS!

Tim

rjschoolcraft
10-14-2003, 06:05
My dad and his brother are always racing their motorhomes! Dad has a 93 Newmar Kountry Star with a 454 Chevy and 4L80E. His brother has an 89 Fleetwood Pace Arrow with a 454 and THM400. Both are about 34' long. They've both modified their rigs...Dad has a Banks Power Pac and computer chip (he didn't tell his brother about the chip)...I don't know the specifics on the other. They travel to NASCAR events together and are always racing up the mountains on the way. It's hilarious to hear some of the stories. Sibling rivalries, you know.