PDA

View Full Version : whitewall tires?

78Chev
03-22-2007, 09:41
This will show my age and possibly my lack of taste... but I need to put new highway tires on my truck this spring. I'm currently running 9.5x30's and I'd like to keep that diameter (roughly 29 inches tall). I have been running Bridgestone Dualers - always hated them. Horrible in any kind of snow or mud and I didn't like the semi-aggressive tread design. I want a smooth rolling LT highway tire and I like the old thin whitewall tire that came on the original gm rally wheels with beauty rings. I can't find them anywhere. Any thoughts? If not available what tire would you recommend? I'll be doing a little towing (two-horse trailer). Thanks.
Randy
(In the winter I run a set of Bridgstone Blizzaks - with my Eaton posi it makes my 2wd get around great on snow and ice. But these tires start to melt on the highway above 55 degrees F...)

DennisG01
03-22-2007, 15:33
Did you try www.thetirerack.com? They have a pretty good website with good pricing and you're able to specify what type of tire you want. Or, try calling them directly. I've always had a very good experience with them.

RoverIIa
03-24-2007, 14:44
I've always been a fan of General "Grabber AP" for the kind of truck that you are talking about. They will run well into the snow season before you need to switch to the blizzaks, but will be quiet and tough on the summer highways.

I'm not sure if a whitewall configuration is available, but I am fairly certain that the 30 x 9.50 size is, I ran them on my K-10 in college.