PDA

View Full Version : Creaky front driver side

kburati
03-22-2007, 13:03
I played around with the torsion bar adjustments on Tuesday to see what they could do to level the truck, turned them up 6 or 7 turns, didn't drive anywhere and turned them back down to stock before I drove the truck since I know turning them more than 2 turns requires an alignment, which I will be getting when my new wheels tires come anyways. Since then my driver side is creaking when turning at slow speed and I have to believe it's coming from the torsion bars. Everything up front is stock right now except the Rancho Shocks which have been on their for 3 weeks and working fine. Anyone else ever experience this? Going to bring it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can find. Truck has only 1k miles and no towing/hauling yet other than my 175 lbs in the driver seat so it hasn't been overworked.

kburati
03-23-2007, 09:09
Guess nobody's experienced this. It seems to have subsided quite a bit today so maybe the driver side torsion bar was re-adjusting and that caused the creaking?

JohnnyR
03-27-2007, 11:53
Retighten the top bolt/nut on the front shocks. Playing w/the torsion bar probably rearranged the rubber bushing on top of the shock somewhat.