PDA

View Full Version : time for injectors

6.5diesel
03-23-2007, 15:57
the truck has 114000 miles on it so i think its time for new injectors. i found many rebuilt sets out there. are some better than another? Also i was thinking of rebuilding the injectors my self with new nozzles. Are the nozzles the only replaceable pieces in these injectors?

DickWells
03-23-2007, 20:22
:) Hi. I don't think that you want to try rebuilding an injecter, yourself. That is, unless you have a few thousand $ worth of equipement on hand. I don't know where you'd get new nozzels for it, and the little springs in there have to be replaced as well. On our old injecters, they're the thing that controls the "pop" pressure.
I replaced the injecters in my Suburban with re-builts, with good results. I think I got them from Diesel Injection Survices. Seems to me that re-built injecters need to be about as good as factory new. All the parts that wear out are replaced, anyway. I believe that all the so called "high pop" injecters are re-built from used ones.
BTW, you'll get all new return lines with a set of injecters. Good luck with your project.
DW:)

sailun
03-24-2007, 05:38
I just did mine last weekend. JK's prices are as good as anyones, the install kit was great, and his core policy is great. And you know you're getting good stuff. It's a no-brainer.