PDA

View Full Version : exhaust brake question

Ramrods
03-25-2007, 16:32
I just agreed to purchase a 03 d-max with 51k. Really fine shape. Garage kept and like new condition. Since I have had Dodge Cummins for the last 10 yeats I am new and have some questions.

The owner of this new truck said the truck comes with an exhaust brake at the end of the shifter. This looks factory. I did have a BD brake on my 98 12v 3500 and loved it. What type of brake is this?

the truck is a 03 2500. Is this a 6.6litre? Any specific issues I should be made aware of? I believe this 2500 has a 100,000 powertrain and motor warranty. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Pewter Max
03-25-2007, 20:31
I just agreed to purchase a 03 d-max with 51k. Really fine shape. Garage kept and like new condition. Since I have had Dodge Cummins for the last 10 yeats I am new and have some questions.

The owner of this new truck said the truck comes with an exhaust brake at the end of the shifter. This looks factory. I did have a BD brake on my 98 12v 3500 and loved it. What type of brake is this?

the truck is a 03 2500. Is this a 6.6litre? Any specific issues I should be made aware of? I believe this 2500 has a 100,000 powertrain and motor warranty. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
I believe it would be the Tow - Haul Button and it wouldn't have anything to do with an exhaust brake .
I would get them to show me the exhaust brake .
All the HDs has the T/H Button .
That's correct about the warranty .