PDA

View Full Version : tire pressure gadget

derekja
03-27-2007, 23:25
I don't know if any of you watch http://woot.com but it's this site that offers a product per day, sometimes at a pretty great price, sometimes just OK.

I'm not quite compulsive enough about my tires to need today's deal, but it's a neat wireless gadget and one more LCD display!

Valet 9104 4-Sensor Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Display
$99.99

john8662
03-28-2007, 13:40
Dakota Digital has a guage setup for this same thing, but I'm thinking it's not 99 for the whole kit.

Neat idea, I kind of thought of this product for commercial vehicles.

The writeup that the user wrote about the product is kind of disturbing all the trouble he went through just to drive to work, as a routine.

J

JohnC
03-28-2007, 15:46
Our new Yukon has this feature built into the DIC...

When you rotate the tires you have to "teach" it where each tire is by lowering the pressure until it trips then telling it which tire it is...

Shikaroka
03-30-2007, 10:00
Thanks man! :rolleyes:
I had to buy two kits!
Killer deal and I couldn't pass it up. I have been thinking about putting a set in one of my cars that has some pretty low profile tires. I bent a set of wheels once, probably because of too low pressure, so now I check them often. Although I'm not quite as OCD as that guy, it will still save me some time!

RoverIIa
03-30-2007, 19:25
I have the fancy new Dodge tire pressure monitoring system in the Charger. It has already saved me 2 wheels. Before this car, I thought that if you couldn't check your tire pressure occasionally you must have some sort of problem. Now I'm a convert.

I don't know if the systems are adjustable, or can be calibrated, but I would think that you would want something adjustable for a truck that changes road conditions, types, and tire pressures often.