PDA

View Full Version : GM IP Warenty

rjwest
03-29-2007, 18:44
You do not have to have a GM dealer do the Inj Pump replace to be covered by the extended warranty, at least that was my experience.

Several years ago, My IP was failing on a trip out west, I stopped at 2 dealers, Neither wanted to be bothered...

Decided I was not going to ruin my trip for GM.

Went to a Diesel shop and had the Injection Pump replaced, 1200$

Called GM about 10 months latter and explained that it failed under there extended warranty, but was not repaired by a GM dealer

They requested the Receipt and called the Diesel shop to verify , than GM reimbursed me the 1200$

Turbine Doc
03-29-2007, 22:48
You do not have to have a GM dealer do the Inj Pump replace to be covered by the extended warranty, at least that was my experience.

Several years ago, My IP was failing on a trip out west, I stopped at 2 dealers, Neither wanted to be bothered...

Decided I was not going to ruin my trip for GM.

Went to a Diesel shop and had the Injection Pump replaced, 1200$

Called GM about 10 months latter and explained that it failed under there extended warranty, but was not repaired by a GM dealer

They requested the Receipt and called the Diesel shop to verify , than GM reimbursed me the 1200$

Depends on how they are feeling, non GM shops can be used, but in some cases for reimbursement pre approval may be required, many GM shops refuse to work them now because of the hoops Stanadyne/GM factory makes them go through , if all Ts aren't crossed & I's dotted the dealer or repair shop gets to "eat the swap", or comes back to owner to cover it with inferred other problems to offsety how much they get to "eat".

The special policy gets changed from time to time what they will & how they will cover IP replacement.

Before commiting to the job it may be best to confirm likelihood of warranty being honored before the job is started, so you have no surprises