PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Miss..No Turbo...Stalling

thechevyhdman
08-28-2003, 19:50
My truck has been plauged with these problems for a long time and I am finally wondering WTF it is.
When I am moving in a forward gear and I stop...put truck in reverse...hit the go pedal I kinda get a miss the truck doesnt want to go then all of the sudden it picks up and is fine(with a small blast of smoke)(tranny is fine)
I also have this question lately my truck has been sucking nuts pretty bad.....No power...driving down the road I get no power(no turbo sound either) Then I get a blast of power, and turbo whistle(solenoid?)
My final question is this I generally let my truck warm up for over 5 mins before I take off for work...Some days when Im in a hurry I just take off like within a min of starting..it always stalls after 5-10 minutes of running down the road, ALWAYS...Truck has really been used hard for work, I mean HARD it has 91,000 miles on it...Im hoping to retire her to a "spare" In early 04' if I am lucky. Bill
I thank you in advance for all your future replys

FirstDiesel
08-29-2003, 05:10
So which truck is it that has this problem??? The DMAX, a 6.5 or a 6.2??

charliepeterson
09-01-2003, 14:54
Take a look at the Vacuum Pump and hoses to the solenoids. The pump should have at least 20". When you say "no power" do you see lots of black smoke comming out the tail pipe? If the turbo is cutting in and out you should see an engine light. If you have an EGR valve I would pull it off and look at it also.

thechevyhdman
09-02-2003, 20:32
I think it may have been my lift pump....If im not getting all the fuel I need my turbo wont really kick in...It would like lug, and then whissh take off and I hear the turbo...now if I could figure why I get this damn surge evertime I put it in nuetral or park Id be all set. All in all this 6.5 has taken my abuse pretty well. I didnt think the motor would make it past 75K now im just dumping a few bucks just to see first hand when it will take a crapper...shes only at 92,000 now. but in garbage/roll of service vocations thats pretty good all considering
Bill