PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler options from other trucks?

bmp34
03-29-2007, 23:15
So i held up my buddies 05 dodge intercooler to the front of my radiator and it looks damn near the same size. I cant remember what the sides tubes looked like though. Well i would say i am an average fabricator and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone takin an intercooler from a different vehicle and throwing it in front of the radiator? If so what vehicle did the intercooler come from and what modifications were needed. I know i can get an intercooler from spearco for 1400 bucks!!! and have it sit practically underneath my truck but with me running around the farm and fields that is just asking for something to poke through. Any help would be appreciated.

redbird2
03-30-2007, 06:20
I put togeather my own intercooler for just a few hundred bucks that set under the truck I have yet to hit anything with not for lack of trying. I also use my truck on the farm the only thing I try clear of is mud so it doesn't get packed full. However I tried to stay away from that before as I hate washing the mud of the under side anyway.
good luck

Shikaroka
03-30-2007, 09:39
There are several threads on here of people putting together their own intercooler setups. And, More Power even used a Dodge intercooler in the front of his Lil Red.
I have an intercooler from an 03 Dodge that I may try to shoe-horn into the front of my Suburban. I know it will take some modifying, but it shouldn't be too hard.

bmp34
03-30-2007, 10:15
Well i saw one guy where he had the single work truck headlights and used an intercooler that had the outlet tubes go straight out (no 90 degree bends) he then took extra tubing to where the double headlights would be and turned it 90 degrees into the motor interior from there. My biggest thing is I just dont want it underneath the truck. Sometimes i cant help from hauling across a corn field or some mud every now and then. Lets keep this thread goin, i know there are a bunch of people out there running the intercooler in front of the radiator.