PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter

Taito
03-31-2007, 09:13
Hi all! I changed the fuel filter on my '96 Gmc with 6.5 turbo and when I pulled the old filter out of the cannister out popped a smaller screen type filter about an inch and a half in diameter. Couldn't figure out how it goes back in. Does it seat on the shaft or sit in the larger filter and which way does it go. Has notches on one end. Hope I explained this right and any help would be greatly appreciated. Bye for now.

diesel65
03-31-2007, 12:47
It slides down over the center post of the fuel filter housing, the notches should be facing down to clip onto the lower tube inside the housing.

baddiesel
03-31-2007, 14:43
you got lucky alot of people never see it because it sticks in the old filter and in the trash it goes but a very important sreen last line of defence before injector pump it prevents all the crap that sits at the bottom of the bowl from entering make sure to wipe the bowl out good

Taito
04-01-2007, 00:22
Thanx for the replies. Didn't throw it away so it's not too late. I'll take your advice and put it back in the way you explain. Problem I had was it was tight going over the shaft but maybe a little push'll do it. Tried to find it in the books but it didn't show up and asked around but nobody knew. Thanx again glad this forum is here for us not so informed. Have a great weekend.

atom_c
04-01-2007, 12:50
I am pretty sure my little filter at the bottom is long gone. How and where do I get a new one?

Thanks,
Adam