PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting slight surge and "softness" in am!

MTTwister
04-02-2007, 11:50
Going to work the last few days, given what I believe is a constant throttle position - and crusing at about 25 through the neighborhoods to get to work, I feel some loss of power, and then a slight surge.

It currently seems to happen in the mornings, all of which have been about 14

Hubert
04-02-2007, 15:06
I doubt it is the TPS (APP) what ever you want to call it. It should set a warning light when its bad.

Is your defrost on? It cycles the compressor and you can easily feel it at low rpm cut in and out.
A lot of people complain about a fish bite which may be similar. What is the frequency of the surge about every 3-5 seconds is probably the compressor. The fishbite is faster frequency. Similar to a bait stealing little fish that doesn't pick up the hook.

MTTwister
04-02-2007, 16:25
Nothing that simple. It's random, feels like a loss of power, then back to normal, then later maybe a slight 'surge'.

It's kinda caught me by surprise when it does it, so I'm not sure if I have tried 'goosing' the pedal to see if it wakes up ( or I've just thought I should do that the next time. )

Probably won't have a chance to get to testing anything until early May, anyway. Just don't want it to poop out the next 5 days or so.

Thanks tho'

More Power
04-07-2007, 15:18
Fuel lift pump pressure (or lack thereof)? I'd at least look at the fuel filter as well (drain the fuel out of the filter assy, then lift the filter up a ways to see the color/condition of the element).

Jim