PDA

View Full Version : Removing GMC Grill

autocrosser
03-30-2005, 13:10
How do I remove a 96 GMC grill. I took the top four bolts out but can see that it appears to be attached at the bottom.

I figure it would be easier to ask rather than fumble around to find the solution. I want to clean behid the aus coolers and alos replace the A/C orfice.

Also is the A/C orfice in the high line or suction line at the condenser.

G. Gearloose
03-30-2005, 13:35
It comes off amazing easy.
I don't think there are any more fastners other than the top ones, then it all snaps off.

Remove the parking lights, and then you can see where you you need to press to release.

CareyWeber
03-30-2005, 13:58
There is a screw by the center horn (center of grill behind the GMC) along with the others across the top that you found.

Pull the park / turn signal lights and then reach in and unhook the side marker lights, as you reach in release the clips acrossed the bottom of the grill (there are about 5 or so), and then pull it off.

Carey

[ 03-30-2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: CareyWeber ]

charliepeterson
03-30-2005, 19:12
The A/C orifice tube is in the liquid line coming out of the condenser.

autocrosser
03-31-2005, 06:25
Thanks,

that save a little fussin around trying to find the screws. I had found the ones behind the center of the gril and suspected there migh be some behind the lights but was too lazy to stat taking everything apart.

I also assumed the orfice as in the liquid line but it looked a little small in diameter. It didn't make sense that it might be in the suction line but who knows these days.

By the way I ran across a variable output orfice somwwhere on the net that they claim really ups the performance of the A/c but I didn't get one.