PDA

View Full Version : more injector questions....

Shed
04-02-2007, 17:26
I bought my first diesel (01' 2500HD) this past year, and after reading on this forum about injectors finally had the dealer look and see if this truck had the injectors replaced. I was VERY happy to find out they had been done (all 8) at 65K (it now has only 75K) just before I bought it. Question being, are the replacements "better" or an updated version that will last me through for awhile? Or is this a continuing problem that I may have to deal with in the future? I only put about 12K a year on her, and am hoping to get 3-5 years more before finally purchasing my "ultimate tow rig"! Thanks for any answers/advice. Keep up the great forum, you guys have saved me a coup[le of times already! Shed:D

Duramaster
04-02-2007, 21:56
The last figure I heard (about two years ago) was that the injectors had been updated 14 times! The replacement injectors that are replaced for the warranty repairs and the special policy repairs are packaged as "REMAN" injectors. The last two sets that I have replaced actually appeared to be "NEW" injectors in reman boxes.

As far as the ultimate tow rig, what else is there besides a DMAX. The 2007 DMAX Sierra Classic would be the next logical step 360 horse/ 650 Lb. Ft. Torque!!!!!!! And an Allison six speed. Nothing better!!!:cool:

Shed
04-02-2007, 22:25
Thanks Duramaster for the info.

I'm a believer, the D-max is the best! I'd love to ahve one of those shiny new ones, just gotta find that damn money tree.... Forgot where I planted it! Thanks again.:o