PDA

View Full Version : Edge question for a friend...

Mark Rinker
04-04-2007, 04:28
(He's not an internet user)

2002 LB7 with Edge Juice Box. Twice the truck has gone from normal operation instantly into a 'knocking fit' with no power, under normal driving conditions. He got off the accelerator immediately, coasted to the shoulder, and let it idle for a few minutes, which sounded better. Normal operation returned.

New fuel filters, new air filters, new everything user-serviceable. Happened again out of the clear blue. Big rattle - no power. No SES light.

I suggested that he run it without the box for awhile to see if it repeats - for lack of any better solution. Sounds like the injection timing had gone awry.

Ideas?

Kennedy
04-04-2007, 09:29
Unfortunately this is something we are seeing more and more of with these older modules. Have him call Edge and hit ext 173 for Cody. Be sure that he has serial number, version, and date of purchase handy before calling.

Mark Rinker
04-14-2007, 19:18
Thanks - I passed this information along to him.

mark45678
04-15-2007, 10:03
I had the same thing happen with my 2001 truck with a edge box. Sounds like the pilot injector turns off and drops 4 cly... Had to have 2 boxes replaced due to this problem , also had out of the blue a cloud of white unburned smoke out of the tail pipe from time to time.

SoTxPollock
04-16-2007, 11:25
Mine did that a couple of times when it was rainning really hard. I wrapped the connectors in saran wrap and covered it with aluminum foil for protection and it hasen't done it again. My conclusion that it was the moisture getting to the connectors somehow and throwing off the signals by increasing the resistence of the wiring due to the water, probably confusing the computer.
It doesn't look real great, but no one is looking under my hood anyway, it's low cost and if it works it works, so far 4 months no problem.
You might ask him if he remembers being in the rain when it happened.