PDA

View Full Version : Reprogramming to Std. Power mirrors

Jason.Benjamin
04-05-2007, 06:21
How to Reprogramming to Standard Power Mirrors????

My truck came with the new tow mirror.

I was able to get a set of the Power mirrors off eBay (correct part number)

The dealer does not know how to program the Backup/reverse option into the DIC or the folding option for the door switch.

So the question is does anyone know the step or procedure on how to do this with the tech 2. So I can pass this on that the dealer can do this. They are more than willing to help, they just don't know how to go about adding features in on my truck.

DickWells
04-13-2007, 23:18
Jason: I assume that you mean that your new truck came with the power extending mirrors? If so, then the (RIGHT) dealer should be able to program for the standard, folding mirrors. I did the opposite of your swap. I changed to power extending mirrors.
I had to have mine re-programmed to make them work right. I waited until I got to Del Rio, Texas and had it done at the GMC dealer there. Turns out there are two modules to re-set. One in each door, I think.
It costs from $75-$85 plus tax. If your dealer can't do it, find another one who can.
Good luck.
Dick Wells:)

Jason.Benjamin
04-21-2007, 02:55
Actual the truck came with manual new style camper mirrors. 2007'
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=15860541

So I have nothing in the DIC for the mirrors and no folding options right now.

Ps. The dealer I am working with is not going to charge me for this.....
I just need to give them a hand / Know how on how to do this.....

Duramaster
04-21-2007, 08:49
Jason, I need more info. The mirrors that came with the truck are power mirrors with the turn signal in the mirror? Is that correct?:confused:

Jason.Benjamin
04-24-2007, 23:21
Truck 2007' 2500HD Classic Vin:1GCHK23D77F160942

Truck came with: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=15860541 (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=15860541)
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, manual-folding and manual-extension, integrated turn signal indicators and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated)
(Build Code: DPN)

Switched to: (Off of a 2005')
Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming, Black, with integrated turn signal indicators
(Build Code: DL3)

I know the DIC needs updating to give me the Curb View Tilt option,
and the door modulas need updating for folding.

Unfortunetly the techs I have talked to do not know how to do this... :confused:
Multiple people posted having had this done but not enough information to provide to a Tech about how to do this. :cool:

Duramaster
05-03-2007, 07:20
Any word yet Jason? :confused:

Jason.Benjamin
05-04-2007, 02:49
Have not had the time was doing a tire swap on the truck.

I am planning on going to the dealership this coming Mondy on May 7.

Duramaster
05-04-2007, 19:16
Check this out Jason............................

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Jason.Benjamin
05-04-2007, 23:17
The whole story on tires.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Switched to Goodyear Silent Armor LT265/75R16.

Truck looks much better, Now I need to spend $$$ to calibrate for the size.
(Honestly it's Just an excuss to buy the programmer.)

Jason.Benjamin
05-08-2007, 01:57
Hey Jason:

The warranty clerk at my dealership bought a 2006 and did not like the mirrors that came with the truck either. We put a set of the 2005 power extending mirrors on the truck and reprogram the DDM (driver door module), the PDM (passenger door module). When you reprogram the modules, one of the options is for "Power camper side mirror." As far as the Curb View goes, I don't believe this was an option for the power extending mirrors. If it is a option, All the technician would have to do is call GM TECHLINE and request a VCI number. GM TECHLINE can then reconfigure the DDM and PDM software in their data base to reflect the changes and then they give the tech a new VCI number to us for programming the IPC.

Good Luck:
;)

Visited the Dealer today. The had a new Tech start recently and He knew more about doing this.

He used the information from my posting and Duramaster to reconfigure the modules. (A Tech happy that a customer brough in Info :confused: )

Quoting the work order " Cause: info Information Line 349 WC94"
"6566 Needed Software Update: reprog left Door mod, reprog Body Control mod, reprog Right Door mod."

The tech was also nice enough to unlock a few options that were not avaliable before.

Auto door lock = Manual :cool:
The seat belt warning does not chime anymore..... :rolleyes:

Maybe the tech was reading my mind when he went into the programmer ;)

Thank you, Duramaster

40grit
05-08-2007, 21:16
The tech was also nice enough to unlock a few options that were not avaliable before.

Auto door lock = Manual :cool:
The seat belt warning does not chime anymore..... :rolleyes:

Cool, wasn't sure if that was possible, now I got something else for the dealer to "fix" next visit...thanks

Duramaster
05-10-2007, 23:19
You're welcome Jason. Happy Trucking!