PDA

View Full Version : 94 6.5 hard starting-won't start'

Thor
04-07-2007, 17:56
I have a 94 chev 6.5 turbo with 285,000 miles , motor was replaced right before i bought 7 years ago with 99,000, there is at least 185,000 on the inj pump. Lately I've noticed the truck it very hard to start, have to crank 20 seconds, it will run and die right away, and rarely restarts. I have replaced the fsd 20k miles ago, and mounted it in original spot, when that failed it would stall at highway speeds, and would always restart if it cooled. Current problem is different, replaced fuel filter, have power to the lift pump, and lift pump feels like its working. Backed it out the shop, drove it 2 miles and broke down, would not even fire. Let it sit in the shop for 5 hours, had to crank for 20 seconds, started and ran rough for 10 seconds and died. I know my inj pump is probably wore out, but is there any thing else I can check? Could the new fsd be bad? Anything to check?, or should I pull the inj pump? Thanks for your help.

a5150nut
04-07-2007, 19:48
Have you checked the Fuel Shut off Solinoid? Verticle cylinder at the front of injection pump. Should feel and hear it click when someone cycles the key. And the old standard, hows the ground connections? :cool: