PDA

View Full Version : Shifting solenoids 4L80E Tranny

jfbushee
04-08-2007, 12:59
Would anyone have any part numbers on both of these solenoids. Tried napa but they gave me the wrong ones Thank You for any help:confused:

Robyn
04-09-2007, 08:21
Either call your Fav tranny shop or GM dealer.

Some of this stuff can get beyond the scope of some partshouse people.

Napa should have a good catalog on this stuff though..
call the GM dealer and get a GM number and then have your NAPA guy cross reference it to their numbers.

Hope this helps

Robyn

diesel65
04-09-2007, 17:39
Check out www.rockauto.com

I digged up for my 97' 24230288, 1-2 solenoid....... 24130289, 2-3 solenoid for the MT1 transmission.

jfbushee
04-10-2007, 19:22
Thanks for the help picked them up at dealer tonight. to my dissmay it didn't fix the problem:confused:

JohnC
04-11-2007, 12:09
Thanks for the help picked them up at dealer tonight. to my dissmay it didn't fix the problem:confused:

You never told us what the problem was.

Let me guess, second gear only with codes for A and B solenoids and maybe the TCC solenoid, too?

Check the voltage at the trans fuse immediately after turning the key on. If it drops to less than 9 volts, you may need a new ignition switch. Once the PCM detects a fault it locks out all shifts.

The solenoids rarely fail, and it would be an incredible coincidence if they both failed at the same time...

DmaxMaverick
04-11-2007, 12:46
While you're testing, test the solenoid(s) with a VOM. They should be 20-40 ohms. You can do it with the solenoids in hand, or through the harness. Pin #s and wire colors are dependent on year model, so you'll need a diagram (or instructions) for your model.

jfbushee
04-14-2007, 05:28
You never told us what the problem was.

Let me guess, second gear only with codes for A and B solenoids and maybe the TCC solenoid, too?

Check the voltage at the trans fuse immediately after turning the key on. If it drops to less than 9 volts, you may need a new ignition switch. Once the PCM detects a fault it locks out all shifts.

The solenoids rarely fail, and it would be an incredible coincidence if they both failed at the same time...

Checked the voltage at fuse in panel was 12.20 volts. Seems to be stuck in limp mode will not shift out of what seems to be second gear,have reverse. Transmission was working fine up till the I.P. went bad relpaced it with a rebuilt one. Replaced the TPS also rebuilt one came back with what looked like a used one or my old one so replaced and put in same possition as old.
Replaced TCC Solenoid.A&B shift solenoids, Input & Output solenoids. Vss sensor on transfer case, At this point have no further ideas

jfbushee
04-14-2007, 11:15
Checked the voltage at fuse in panel was 12.20 volts. Seems to be stuck in limp mode will not shift out of what seems to be second gear,have reverse. Transmission was working fine up till the I.P. went bad relpaced it with a rebuilt one. Replaced the TPS also rebuilt one came back with what looked like a used one or my old one so replaced and put in same possition as old.
Replaced TCC Solenoid.A&B shift solenoids, Input & Output solenoids. Vss sensor on transfer case, At this point have no further ideas
Wiyh fuse on the firewall or under dash. I forgot about the firewall one:(

jfbushee
04-15-2007, 11:01
With fuse on the firewall or under dash. I forgot about the firewall one:(
Messed up fuse on firewall was fuel pump fuse also has no power to it:confused:

diesel65
04-15-2007, 14:03
No power at the fuel pump fuse when running would indicate a bad oil pressure sender.