PDA

View Full Version : Back by popular demand - "Diesel Gizmos" - humor

More Power
03-30-2005, 14:47
"Don't Confuse Me With The Facts" Series
New 6.5TD Cooling Products (http://www.thedieselpage.com/t/gizmos.htm)
This is a product advertisement - well, maybe not.

By J. Biglie "The Diesel Guru TM"

High capacity water pumps, dual thermostats, upgraded fans & fan-clutches, radiator maintenance, intercooler installations, 18:1 pistons, gear drive timing sets and many other 6.5TD performance products have all been presented as ways to help eliminate high engine coolant temperatures or improve performance. Well, forget all that. Despite the sound engineering and independently documented success stories you may have read regarding the more traditional 6.5TD upgrades, I'll show you three new and original products (patents pending) that promise* to augment your engine cooling system for less than $10.

Marty Lau
03-30-2005, 14:56
Jim;
it's as funny as the first time around. You need to rework the disclaimer tho.

You know all statments are not accurate full of conjeecture, opnion, puffing and are not to be construded as fact or truth.

Ah yes and don't forget a return policy to die for. If you return it you will die before you get your money back.

markrinker
03-30-2005, 15:04
Awesome.

However, if you put them on Ebay, I am betting SOMEONE would bid...

More Power
03-30-2005, 15:58
Thanks Marty! I'll pass your comments on.

In a recent conversation with the "Guru", I was told that he was bummed about someone taking his idea for a remote mounted PMD. He said his railroad iron heat sink mounted to the front bumper just doesn't have the punch now that all the copycats have taken over the web. Additionally, he had located a red 6.5TD K3500 crew cab to use for a photo session where he installs a 5,000 gallon water tank in the bed for use with water injection. That dang Bill Heath beat him to it. Would of made for some great photos! :D

MP

DmaxMaverick
03-30-2005, 16:19
He better patent those fast! If not, they'll be on the dr's inventory next week. Bet he claims the products were a result of years of research and developement, along with a threat of a law suit because someone stole his ideas.

rjschoolcraft
03-30-2005, 16:57
I have to admit... the first time around, I didn't really get those gags. In fact, I thought at the time that it was a waste of good article space...

Now that I've had experience with "steak sauce that tastes like snake oil" (sorry to steal your line, Cowracer), well... :D ;)

trbankii
03-30-2005, 17:12
tongue.gif tongue.gif Perhaps you could get Red Green to do your TV ads for your products!

http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/redtalks.jpg

BTW, you're a couple days early for April Fools.... :D

[ 03-31-2005, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: trbankii ]

gmctd
03-31-2005, 04:28
Holy Cow, rj! ! ! ! !

Don't let qm get a hint of this........ ;)

rjschoolcraft
03-31-2005, 04:52
Originally posted by gmctd:
Holy Cow, rj! ! ! ! !

Don't let qm get a hint of this........ ;) :D

nvmtnlion
03-31-2005, 06:52
Isn't it time for someone to start screaming:

TROLL!!

Sorry, it's a crappy morning and I just had to! ;)

Marty Lau
03-31-2005, 09:00
Originally posted by nvmtnlion:

TROLL!!

Sorry, it's a crappy morning and I just had to! ;) For whom the Bell Trolls? :rolleyes:

Cowracer
03-31-2005, 10:17
Originally posted by 16ga SxS:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by nvmtnlion:

TROLL!!

Sorry, it's a crappy morning and I just had to! ;) For whom the Bell Trolls? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]That does it! You IP has been logged and the proper authorities notified for you malicious slanderous and libelous troll posting!

tongue.gif

Tim