PDA

View Full Version : Gonna get a new LMM

BowTieDmax
04-09-2007, 15:34
Well two weeks ago my truck was stolen and after some stuff was removed it was burnt. So after searching around and seeing the cost of some used trucks I thing I will use my Dads GMS pricing and get a new truck. I really like the new body style and features but I am sure I will never have the power of my old 01. I am only going threw with purchase with full confidence that within a year we can get a regular exhaust and a programer that will over look some BS sensors to make it all better. Whats everyone think? Do we think that is feasable in that time frame? Heck who knows, it might run great the way it is (not).

Ramster21
04-09-2007, 21:41
If you can find a Classic HD, you'd be better off.
Go and just check out the mess of a exhaust system. Even has a cool air intake on the Exhaust pipe. Warnings from dealership is no aftermarket exhaust or chips, Will void warranty. Also you can only use Ultra Low Sulfer fuel or everything will shut down, yes all are in compliance (Ford's & Dodge) are affected by this issue. High sulfer fuel will require a visit (tow) to clean system.
Just FYI.

BowTieDmax
04-10-2007, 05:34
Yes I thought about the LBZ but there are to many nice changes with the new body style (plus for spending that much money again I want a change). And Its usually easier to change the performance part of a truck than everything else. As for the warranty and stuff. well that was in play for my 01 they just never seen the chip. I think we could all agree that if there is a way, some after market company will fiquire it out. It my cost more, but it will happen.
Well I quess I will see, because my order for a loaded ext cab went to GM last night( GMC this time because of chevys front bumper ??)
Oh yea, can any believe that GM finally put a wider rim on the HD? Its only 7 1/2 but that sure while help the 285's look better. Heck the 305's might even last a little longer without wearing the centers out.

kburati
04-10-2007, 11:24
I thought the wheels were the same with the exception of the 2500HD now having a 17x8 wheel option. Is that what you're referring to?

BowTieDmax
04-10-2007, 15:22
Yes its a 17x7.5 wheel. But atleast its getting wider.

tooltime47
04-10-2007, 19:30
If you can find a Classic HD, you'd be better off.
Go and just check out the mess of a exhaust system. Even has a cool air intake on the Exhaust pipe. Warnings from dealership is no aftermarket exhaust or chips, Will void warranty. Also you can only use Ultra Low Sulfer fuel or everything will shut down, yes all are in compliance (Ford's & Dodge) are affected by this issue. High sulfer fuel will require a visit (tow) to clean system.
Just FYI.

I heard the fix isn't cheap either if you accidentally get some low sulfur fuel instead of ultra low sulfur fuel. I was quoted $1400 and it is not covered under warranty. The LBZ's may turn out to be a good investment when all this shakes out. Also heard that once the filter starts to regenerate, you have to drive at least 30mph for 20 minutes or you go into a low power mode until it is completed.

jharden1
04-15-2007, 05:28
Gonna pull the trigger tomorrow on a '07. Tires almost worn out on the '04. :D

I'll keep you posted once I get one.

hapaschold
04-15-2007, 12:01
saw a bowtie LLM last nite, guy who bought my posthole digger had one.

no complaints, no regrets , after 5000 miles.

i d not to worry........

BowTieDmax
04-18-2007, 13:06
Well I am caught in a debate! I ordererd the LMM on the 11th. Yesterday I talked to the dealer and he said that GM quit taking orders for the 2007's on the 15th so I am OK on that. But GM still has not " picked up" my order in the computer yet. He said another salesman and he were talking about it and found that it took 2 weeks for GM to pick up the last diesel order. So if that happens to me then I am looking at another week before it starts, then about 6 weeks before I get it so atleast not untill the 1st or 2nd week of June. But they are taking 2008 orders at the end of May. But I will not see the 08 untill the end of Ausust of Sept. So I quess I am not sure if I should wait and get the 08. I cant really think of them doing any changes buttt! you know how that goes. Besides not having a truck between now and then witch is a real problem we also start traveling the motorcross series that will be many states away every couple of weeks and sitting here adding the cost of using my wifes 8.1 at 7 mpg is sickening. But does anyone really think that there will be any changes?

D_R_C
04-18-2007, 17:09
adding the cost of using my wifes 8.1 at 7 mpg is sickening. But does anyone really think that there will be any changes?

My thoughts are they already made a body style change,the only thing I would think that would change is the year and more taxes for a 08.
Whats left ??

jharden1
04-24-2007, 18:53
I took delivery of 2500HD Crew yesterday. The dealer had to do some trading to find one fitted the way I want. Definitely more underfoot than my LLY. The new body style is quieter inside with better fit and finish. 17.4 mpg on 330 delivery miles, about what my LLY got new. The chassis feels stiffer and I don't hear as much beaming in OD.

Dakster
04-25-2007, 05:09
I too have had the debate between a LBZ and LMM.. I'm going to go with the LMM, and here was my thought process.

Most if not all of the diesel filling stations have ULSD and the pumps are stickered. If you get a bad batch of fuel in any vehicle, the gas company is responsible. I've gotten bad gas and bad diesel, thankfully the gas station new it, admitted it and paid to fix it. I generally only use one diesel filling station, and I see by the posts here (and other forums) that most people are the same way. On trips, I use the biggest commercial gas station I can find that has a high turnover of fuel.

I like the new body style, features, and they way they drive. The truck has plenty of power for me in stock trim - I like warranty and I can't afford to pay so I won't play. (epecially at $100/hr labor deaership rates) IMHO, A newer style truck is almost always going to be worth more down the road.

No one here has to drive your truck, you do. Get what you want and be happy with it. Most guys in my neighborhood drive CTD's, I could care less what they think of my Chevy... One of us gets stuck, we will gladly pull the other home or out regardless of brand.

A 2008 truck will obviously be worth more down the road then a 2007, but as they say timing is everything.

I wish I had your GMS pricing...

BowTieDmax
05-01-2007, 19:24
Well Friday I was down at a race in Ga. and my dealer called to tell me that my order was finally "picked up" in the computer. He told me his sales manager finally did some calling and they found that they was not alloted that truck so the computer kept kicking it out. So they took care of that and it was finally taken. Then today he calls me and says that the build date is set for the first week of June so I should have it by June 20th. So I told him I just traveled 1,900 miles this weekend at 6.3 miles mpg and I have about another 1,200 mile trip next weekend with the wife truck. But the biggest problem is going to be the 2,200 mile trip to Okahama the first week of June. This is the reason I ordered the truck April 11th. So he said sorry and maybe they will give me a credit back on some gas money I spent. Well we will see.
It sure is neat that fuel prices are lower than gas again. It averaged 2.60 gal fuel / 2.90 gal gas on the trip. Of course I was paying for gas. HAHA