PDA

View Full Version : Which tuner for 07 DMax

Bad Max
04-09-2007, 21:50
There are several tuners for the 07 Dmax and there is a mechanic that sells Bully Dog. There was a thread on Banks 6 Gun vs. 5 other products.
I see that the Bully Dog test was without the cold intake and exhaust mods compared to the Banks 6 Gun with all the mods. If I were to add the AFE cold air Stage-Two intake and 4 inch AFE exhaust mods and the Bully Dog shift enhancer with the Bully Dog Triple Dog with the Extreme and Crazy Larry programmer on my 07 LBZ DMax 4x4 crew cab, would it outperform the Banks 6- Gun?
What about other products? I just cannot make up my mind. The mechanic that owns Tip of Texas Offroading sells for Bully Dog and he recommends the total package that I explained above and there also is Truck Toyz about an hour away from where I live that sells Quadzilla.
Which direction do I go?
Glad I found this forum, pretty interesting.
Thanks
Bad Max

Kennedy
04-10-2007, 08:01
The Bully Dog shift enhancer should be left out. I have yet to see any real world results where it did anything other than lighten the wallet and make the shifting crappy.

As for any "Crazy Larry" programming it has never fared well in any testing, but gets a lot of hype from users. My guess is that these users are not familiar with Dmax performance and have nothing to compare it to.

It sould also be noted that anything much over 70RWHP is really testing the Allison. The Allison will not gain suignificant holding capacity with anything short of a clutch/internal kit and converter which will run in the $3k range.

etkeeny
04-11-2007, 14:22
Kennedy,

I see that you sell the Edge Evolution, I am considering getting this for my new Truck. I am not so much interested in the power settings as I am the functionality and display functions. I have two questions that I can think of now.

1. Would you recomend this product in my brand new truck with 793 miles on it, again not for the power increases, I would think that I should wait some time before useing that feature. And how many miles would you recommend that a truck have on it before using those levels?

2. Is there enough cable to mount the display in the plastic console above the rear view mirror. I have seen a billet plate for the Edge Attitude mounted there. Does this unit share the same case dimensions?

Thanks,
Eric

Kennedy
04-12-2007, 09:25
I don't worry about break in too much when it comes to power boxes. I actually think they can help a bit as you can make more boost at lower RPM's which helps to seat the rings.

The cable should be long enough, but I don't know of any mounts as this is larger than the Attitude monitor for which these mounts were originally designed.