PDA

View Full Version : what should I install next?

joe_murphy
04-10-2007, 16:00
I am the guy who had the "94" with 126,000 miles, and it was missing-thanks to the guys that responded to my problem- the missing is gone!(O.P. switch) I have another question, but 1st let me tell you what I have replaced tring to to resolve this missing problem- injection pumb, injectors, lift fuel pumb,waste gate solenoid, fuel filter,oil preasure switch, the vacum hoses.So with that being said you guys know this 6.5 engine well. Is there any other part that while I am focused on this engine I should just go ahead and change out. Alittle preventive medicine so to speak- just to get ahead of a part that's likely to fail at 126,000 miles

gmctd
04-11-2007, 08:59
Check the harmonic balancer for rubber deterioration and the accessory drive pulley for dry-rot and deterioration - those can lead to broken crankshaft.

Do a search on that for some scary reading.

I'd do the timing chainset if the HB needs to be replaced, and the waterpump - you should then be set for another trouble-free 120kmi

More Power
04-11-2007, 11:38
What he said... plus be thinking about a new serpentine belt tensioner if you use this rig for any distance driving. :)

Jim

sailun
04-11-2007, 18:23
126k ?

Must be time for some new foam in the driver's seat :-)

I know mine sure needs it !

joe_murphy
04-12-2007, 06:56
Thanks for your input- I will look into those parts