PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' a new engine!

DennisG01
04-11-2007, 06:18
Just a quick follow-up to my posts from a few weeks back about my engine that seized up after loss of oil:

OK, so I'm not happy about the fact that I need to buy a new engine, but "stuff" happens and you have to deal with it, right? However, the plus side is that I just sent Ron (RonnieJoe) a check to get the process going on having him build me one of his Premium 6.5 engines :) That has me excited! It's going to take some time, but I'm very happy with the decision to go with Ron's engine! Can't wait!!!!!! :) :) :)

Robyn
04-11-2007, 07:45
Being happy and excited is a good thing.

Its always sad to see an engine go away but it does happen from time to time.
Im very sure you will be happy with your new one from RJ.

Good luck

Robyn

john8662
04-20-2007, 10:10
What's the warranty on one of those engines?

ronniejoe
04-24-2007, 07:25
Click Here! (http://www.schoolcraftpowertrain.com/Documents/WarrantyPolicy.pdf)

AndyL
04-24-2007, 07:42
RJ, for your own protection, how are you validating the temp restrictions?

ronniejoe
04-24-2007, 07:47
This is a problem when trying to protect yourself from abuses. Post mortem inspection of the components can yield very good information on sustained operating temperatures. This is fairly common practice in the aerospace world.

AndyL
04-24-2007, 08:35
Any restrictions/suggestions on boost and fuel? Westers 93mm3 pump, 25PSI, your pending turbo, intercooled?

ronniejoe
04-24-2007, 08:55
Good questions. I see no problems with boost as long as you stay under 30 psi and keep the temperature in check. My preferred installation configuration would include an intercooler. However, as long as you keep the temperature in check some how (reducing fuel, WMI, etc.), it is not mandatory.

I also see no problem with increasing fuel, again, as long as temperatures stay in check. From what I've read so far, I'm not sure the Wester's injection pump has worked too well. Maybe Lyndon can offer some insight on that.

The warranty is intended to cover normal usage of the vehicle. If the goal is primarily competition, then the warranty does not apply (as stated in the document).

AndyL
04-24-2007, 10:41
My goal is ~300 crank HP, 100% duty cycle! Your current setup has to be close....

john8662
04-24-2007, 12:26
Good to see there is a warranty in place, warranty document created 4/24/07

Thanks!

J

ronniejoe
04-24-2007, 12:44
Don't be fooled by the date. I just created a PDF of it today for upload to the website. I've been issuing warranty statements to individual customers who request one. It is also part of the package of documentation that I deliver with finished engines.

a5150nut
04-24-2007, 19:40
The warranty is intended to cover normal usage of the vehicle. If the goal is primarily competition, then the warranty does not apply (as stated in the document).

That sounds like the old racers guarantee, just stated a whole bunch nicer!
Used to be "Ten feet or ten seconds, which ever comes first!"

Nice work Ronnie. Keep it coming. I always enjoy your views and input.