PDA

View Full Version : new fuel additive

flaptop
04-11-2007, 20:39
Anyone ever heard of this one? Interesting at least!!! ca40g.com would be interested in your take on this if any of you out there has tried this!!! enter the link in your browser and watch the video.

DieselMonk
04-12-2007, 06:14
let mythbusters play with it. :p

jbplock
04-12-2007, 17:27
Interesting ....

Some discussion on this over at BITOG (http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=871571&an=0&page=0#Post871571) ....

a Google search also yields some info ...

:)

Supertrucker
04-16-2007, 11:19
Hey guys, thought I would share my experiences with a new additive product that can be used in your oil and your fuel. For years I have been using Lucas engine oil stabilizer in every oil change in my gas powered Chevy pickup to cut down on the amount of oil I burn. When I bought my 6.2 Suburban, fuel economy had always been around 17 and it still is. I'm very picky about where I buy my fuel for that rig and it deffinately shows. On a recent trip to Arthur North Dakota, about an hour and a half trip on the interstate, at 70 mph my EGT gauge read about 600 degrees. This gauge came with the Banks package which included a tach and a boost gauge as well. I think this is accurate but I'm not totally sure. Anyway, a farmer friend of mine had me try this new product he found which is made in Detroit Lakes Minnesota. It is sold either by the quart or the gallon and you use about an ounce per 20 gallons of fuel. 1 gallon of this stuff will treat 2500 gallons of fuel so you use very little. The product is called CA-40, which is simply a calcium sulfonate. I haven't really had a chance to test the fuel economy, but I noticed a nearly 100 degree drop in EGT's on the gauge. My friend has been using it in a 2002 GMC 1500 with a 5.3 gas engine. Some of you may know that these engines are known for having a slight knock when started cold. Eventually this sound goes away when the engine warms up. After pouring an ounce in and filling the tank, as well as pouring an ounce in the engine oil, the knock has gone away completely. He was also able to achieve 150 miles to a 1/4 tank of gas which is pretty darn good. That's nearly 20 mpg. This product can be used in all fuels including Bio diesel and E-85. I just thought I'd let you all know that this stuff is out there and is not currently available in any store that I know of but you can order it from the website. I plan on ordering some to use in my other vehicles as well as trying to get my Dad to order some for his truck and equipment fleet. http://www.ca40g.com/index.html Here's the website if any of you are interested.

JeepSJ
04-16-2007, 19:34
HI,

I have been using this great stuff called Snake Oil. You only use an ounce per 100 gallons and it will improve your mileage by 100%. You can also add it to your crankcase and drain your oil and drive with no oil. Isn't that amazing.

Send $29.95 to me and I will ship you an 8oz bottle.

conway
04-17-2007, 11:41
Supertrucker:
Appreciate the info, I will keep an eye on this.

larryh1
05-11-2007, 19:49
Okay here goes. I am relying on the theory "no question is ever a stupid question". I never bought into that theory but I have to ask what might be a stupid question. Nobody knows who I am so here it is. I was putting fuel in my truck when the guy next to me saw me putting my fuel additive in the tank. He was driving a dealership truck and he look like he was working on vehicles that day. He asked how often I put it in and I told him about every third tank. Its not for power, but for my injectors (clean). Okay, here goes......he told me to use ATF instead of the normal fuel additive. He said he puts it in his diesel and it not only cleans but lubricates and gets the sulfur deposits out. Use the whole quart to a tank. It will smoke a little, but not enough to cause any problems. I just said okay, thanks and moved on. No, I didn't go buy some ATF and pour it in the tank, but I have to ask.........has anyone ever heard of this????

thanks
Larry

DmaxMaverick
05-11-2007, 21:05
Okay here goes. I am relying on the theory "no question is ever a stupid question". I never bought into that theory but I have to ask what might be a stupid question. Nobody knows who I am so here it is. I was putting fuel in my truck when the guy next to me saw me putting my fuel additive in the tank. He was driving a dealership truck and he look like he was working on vehicles that day. He asked how often I put it in and I told him about every third tank. Its not for power, but for my injectors (clean). Okay, here goes......he told me to use ATF instead of the normal fuel additive. He said he puts it in his diesel and it not only cleans but lubricates and gets the sulfur deposits out. Use the whole quart to a tank. It will smoke a little, but not enough to cause any problems. I just said okay, thanks and moved on. No, I didn't go buy some ATF and pour it in the tank, but I have to ask.........has anyone ever heard of this????

thanks
Larry

Nope. Not a stupid question. Nice try, though.

The ATF.....
Very common....And very old school.

I've used it for years in the past, but would not consider using it in a modern Diesel. If you are referring to your Duramax, don't do it. Keep on using a good additive.

Also, it may cause you some grief when "the man" sticks your tank and asks why it's red. He/she may not accept your story, and you'll have to deal with a bunch of fuel testing, paperwork, and perhaps a court appearance.

larryh1
05-12-2007, 09:53
thank you DMax. I knew I could come to this site and get an answer. Being a new diesel owner I do appreciate the info I get here.

Larry