PDA

View Full Version : Missing problem in a '94

R/Cpullerdude
04-13-2007, 18:58
Just got a 1994 Chevy auto with the 6.5 TD. It did miss and jerk and run rough under hard acceleration when cold, then run smooth once warmed up. After putting some DieselKleen (the silver bottle) in it, it started jerking and everything else under any hard acceleration, even when warm. We think it still has original injectors, and it's almost at 179,000 miles, so we figured it was time for new injectors, and that it may be the cause. What else could be a possible cause. Thanks in advance.

JDave
04-13-2007, 19:29
Check the fuel filter, and clean out the bottom as best you can.

94 at Large
04-13-2007, 20:17
Other things to consider is the OPS and lift pump as failure of either or both will have similar symptoms.

moondoggie
04-14-2007, 10:40
Good Day!

If it acts just like a gasser with an ignition miss, 1st thing to check is your LP (lift pump) system. If you can't find info by searching (this has been covered MANY times), please post back & we'll walk you through it.

If you've got a wiring diagram (Helms/factory manual or alldatadiy), this is a REALLY simple system to troubleshoot - no need to throw parts at it.

Blessings!

R/Cpullerdude
04-15-2007, 08:22
Thanks for the tips. The lift pump seems to be fine and working all right. I think we have it narrowed down quite well. I'll post what the problem was once we fix the couple things I think it might be.

morgan
04-18-2007, 20:48
I would also perform the battery cable mods mentioned all over the DP site. Check ground connections and all other wire harness connections as well. I have had similar issues in the past, and found that most were electrical in nature. Good luck!

R/Cpullerdude
04-21-2007, 20:11
A new fuel filter fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Robyn
04-22-2007, 09:21
The injector Kleen probably really cut loose the crud and stuffed the filter full.
The little dixy cup filters leave a lot to be desired.

Glad your running good now

Robyn