PDA

View Full Version : installed juice/attitude--- check engine light

flaptop
04-14-2007, 21:43
Just installed an edge juice with attitude in my 2001 LB7. got a check engine light right off the bat. runs nice! drove it a little, stop and started it a few times and light stayed on. I also installed an auxilliary fuel filter today, and modded the stock intake as I have seen done in these pages. Forgot to plug in the mass airflow sensor for a little bit, but when I did plug it in , light stayed on. ANY IDEAS??? Got a turbo back 4" exhaust coming this week. GONNA BE NICE!!!

flaptop
04-15-2007, 13:20
I guess it isn't a check engine light, It is a service engine soon light. Disconnected the batteries for about 20 minutes. Reconnected and the light stayed on. Drove it about 20 miles, no change. Any guesses as to what this might be, considering the mods I just made??? PLEASE???

Kennedy
04-15-2007, 21:32
First to save you and others time in the future, disconnecting power to the ECM does nothing to reset anything.

Starting with the MAF disconnected is what set the DTC's. If there is not a problem elsewhere, the light should reset after a couple of days. That of have them cleared by someone with a computer scanner.

flaptop
04-16-2007, 07:05
OK Thanks for the knowledge!! I'll wait a couple of days to see what happens!!

flaptop
04-16-2007, 15:00
Just wanted to post on here that the service engine light dissapeared today!

Man, What a different truck with these mods!! Can't wait to get my turbo back 4" exhaust! Gonna take a 3500 mile round trip in a few weeks. Hoping for better fuel mileage (if I can keep my foot out of it!) Maybe have to have the wife drive!!! HUH?? NAW!!!

Thanks Kennedy for your help!! Good to know someone who knows their way around a Duramax!! I'm new to this. Haven't had my 01 very long yet.

Kennedy
04-27-2007, 08:55
If/when it goes into an inexplicable limp mode on a hill, don't get excited. It's probably not the Juice, it's likely the 2001 ECM programming.