PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Water in Fuel Light ?

Davis
03-30-2005, 16:57
Hi all,
On my 1994 dually the water in fuel light comes on intermittently and mostly when the truck is warm.It does not come on at all when it is cold until the next time the truck is started.When it is on it could blink when the turn signal is used or go off while the brake pedal is depressed or dim while the headlights are on or a combination of all of that and if I drive for 20 or 30 minutes it will go away.I have changed the fuel filter and cleaned the bowl completely so I don`t think it is water and am leaning towards an electrical problem but I am not sure. I could use any advice you all have to offer. Thanks Davis

More Power
03-30-2005, 18:37
Your WIF sensor is probably a little flaky...

Send me a small padded envelope with return postage, and I'll send you a spare I have - no cost. smile.gif

MP

JohnC
03-31-2005, 08:52
Let me knnow if it works. Mine's been unplugged for a couple of years...

(I've even got a spare. talk about lazy!)

Davis
03-31-2005, 14:01
More Power,
Thanks I will send the envelope to you.And I will repost with the results. Thank You Davis.

Whitpirate
03-31-2005, 16:31
I've got a similar problem that started just before my GM-funded replacement pump was installed. Now the WIF light is constantly on, unless turning on a slight banking turn above 20MPH to the right once back on the level it comes back on....... I'm baffled but verified that fuel bowl/filter etc... is clean.....

markrinker
03-31-2005, 17:39
My '89 Fo*d L8000 is very sensitive to any water in the fuel. I thought the sender was bad until I realized it came on ONLY after fueling at certain station in my town.

One test would be to add the 'red bottle' diesel fuel conditioner that is supposed to carry water through the system. It always made my light go off within a few hours of operation after adding.

Barry Nave
04-02-2005, 04:34
I'm with you JohnC ;)

Davis
04-09-2005, 18:01
Hey Ya`ll,
I received the WIF sensor from More Power and installed it today. After several different trips today there has been NO Water in Fuel light on with the exception of the bulb check at start up.Thanks again More Power for the help.You have one great site along with all the Moderators and members that provide their knowledge for our 6.5`s. Davis