PDA

View Full Version : Boost pressures

moss6
04-15-2007, 17:32
After installing an Edge/Attitude on the LBZ several months ago (by the way an outstanding addition to the truck) I'm curious about the boost pressures generated by the new turbo that is a part of the newer LBZ package. I haven't towed yet but the highest psi I have seen is 18lbs. and that is with the setting at stock or mileage, seems to make no difference. I know that the default is 30 so I am suprised that the pressures are that low; no complains though as the truck runs very impressively in the mileage mode, an amazing difference over the programming as is set at the factory----much better economy is also a surprise as I assumed that that claim was that, just a claim. Anyway what are you guys seeing in the way of boost pressures; I imagine that if the thing generated anything in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 lbs. it would really be a beast!

jsmiracle
04-16-2007, 07:13
I have a '05 LLY with JK's boost stick installed. I see 3-4 psi running on flat ground unloaded. I have seen 25-30+psi (meter pegged) towing my TT up a mtn when the trans. drops out of OD (only a few times, ever). Normally, I'll see 3-10 psi boost pressures around town, unloaded.

So, it seems your 18 psi is (if anything) somewhat high.

Take care,:)
Jim M.

moss6
04-17-2007, 18:17
Lets repose a bit. What are the factory boost limits for the LBZ? What are the normal pressures under normal city and highway driving? What boost pressure should we expect unloaded under full throttle; and what pressures are expected when towing heavy under both light and heavy venturi openings?

Duramaster
04-17-2007, 22:12
With the GM TECH 2 scanner I have seen boost pressure as high as 35 PSI. Now subtract 14 PSI for the altitude in my area that makes about 21 PSI. That's WOT from a dead stop to 50 MPH unloaded!:cool: