PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker Newbie D/A CCLB owner

DocRobbs
04-18-2007, 15:30
Long time lurker and Duramax admirer. I wanted a diesel in 97 but the local dealer wouldn't sell any 6.5's and I couldn

More Power
04-18-2007, 16:05
Welcome to the board!

If you're hauling stuff, the LB is definitely the way to go. It does increase the length.... Wife thinks my CCSB is too long now. :D

Jim

Buck
04-19-2007, 11:34
Congrats on the new truck. Don't skimp on towing mirrors TTT mirrors are the best you can get. I love mine.

DocRobbs
04-23-2007, 14:40
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well the truck arrived late on Thursday for my B-day. I drove passed and looked at it but it was too late to pick it up. The Loan check hadn't arrived on Friday but the Dealer let me take it home for the weekend with their tags.

Very busy weekend so I couldn't drive much. Multiple short trips today. Man is this a sweet truck! Power is awesome, acceleration is impressive, and comfort level is superb. I ordered a new set of camper mirrors and the dealer will change them out for us. $55 option but $367 when you have to add them. I ordered a Tenkosha P3 instead of the Prodigy V2.6. I'll never need the electric over hydraulic brake capability, but one review stated the controls on the front and LCD were a significant improvement. It's about $20-30 more than the Prodigy 2.6 with a $20 rebate. Only trouble is finding a place with them in stock. I started with SouthwestWheel.com but got an E-mail they were out. I called tandrtrailer.com and they had one in stock. with expediated shipping it was still a good deal.

fajitatone
04-30-2007, 18:31
Congrats! I have a black CCLB D/A 2500HD. It's L O N G... 22 feet.

Forget U-Turns, and park FAR away at the home center. You will definately love it. Gas milage goes up with every tank!

Zacc
04-30-2007, 22:29
Do you have any regrets with the long bed? I'm on the fence regarding which to buy.

DZ

fajitatone
05-01-2007, 19:56
Do you have any regrets with the long bed? I'm on the fence regarding which to buy.

DZ

not having to tie down sheets of plywood, and fence posts.

plenty of space. If you back in, it's easier to maneuver. I didn't want a long bed, but I'm glad I got it.

I forgot to mention, it's the length of a standard bed when you put in your ToolBox :D

DocRobbs
05-11-2007, 15:21
It definately impacts turning around in tight spots and in the parking lots. Haven't found anywhere I won't take. I need to take care when using a drive thru as it can cut too close on the inside part of the turn. However I love the long bed. I can't decide if I would like to give up the CC or LB to make it smaller. I think I would get the same truck.

Every tight place I have got into was the result of poor planning. Thinking it would turn around like my EC/SB K1500. With better appreciation of it's turning capabilities I'll bet it'll be second nature soon.

Mark Rinker
05-11-2007, 15:31
I have a habit of taking 30' goosenecks and overwidth boats through fast food drive-throughs while on the road.

Obviously, there can't be any low overhangs when towing tall boats. After awhile, you develop an immediate gut sense of what fits and what won't.

More than once, a manager has come to the drive through window with a VERY concerned look on their face. "Don't worry - I am a trained professional" in my best redneck drawl is the usual reply.. :)

However, the problem often lurks at the exit. A tight 90 degree turn, 9' wide with tall curbs and bushes. I have had to back out of a few bad situations, but only once or twice in too many many MANY stops.

DocRobbs
05-27-2007, 05:13
Well I

Dakster
05-27-2007, 19:35
[QUOTE=DocRobbs]Well I