PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Tuner Issue

ECMProgrammer
04-21-2007, 13:20
Caution to DDTuner users with OBD2 6.5TD support ...

GM calibration # 09356945 has an issue. When it was posted to their SPS updates, the checksum was not calculated. :eek: One of our clients just turfed an ECM by reprogramming their computer with the stock calibration file. If you use the GM SPS to reprogram any client that uses this calibration, their truck will be rendered non-functional, too !

Prior to reprogramming anything--even a stock file, please save the file in the DDTuner program first ! Then any checksum errors will be fixed immediately when you reflash your ECM.

All subsequent releases will have the checksums corrected in the stock files so no further incidents occur.

Thanks for your attention.

Lyndon ;)
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

joed
04-23-2007, 08:04
I'm the one that had the issue, and I have to say thanks to Lyndon, as his customer service is excellent.

With his help, we got my truck running again in less than 24hrs, which I think is excellent, especially on the weekend. He has also been very helpful with general questions about the software and tweaking the parameters.

As for the software, so far it's been fun - it's pretty user friendly/intuitive, and now that this issue has been resolved, reflashing is easy and fast.

I'm still experimenting with tunes - there is definitely many changes possible for fine tuning.

Thanks again, Lyndon.

ECMProgrammer
04-24-2007, 19:07
Just glad you're up and running again. I've guided a few others over the phone with some simple adjustments and several reflashes so they get a feel for things...new that there'd be someone that'd trash a computer eventually, but just didn't think it'd happen on your first round ! :eek: LOL...I'm going to make sure that each GM base file is corrected prior to shipment from now on.

Have a good day !

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1