PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Amsoil ATF

Screefer
04-25-2007, 12:37
Hi,
I'm new to The Diesel Page Forums. Have been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks. I recently purchased my 02 Chevy HD2500 S/box Ex/Cab 4x4 Duramax with Allison Tranny.
The truck has 65000km (43000miles) and I don't know if the transmission has been serviced yet.
I am considering changing the tranny oil to Amsoil ATF. Amsoils website states that it is compatible with Dexron III.
Is any one running it in their Allisons now?
How does it perform?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Kim

DmaxMaverick
04-25-2007, 12:53
Welcome to the Forums!

I've been using Amsoil ATF since my '01 was nearly new. It has 114K on it now with much heavy towing. More recently, I switched to Amsoil TorqueDrive fluid in the tranny (about the last 30K), and keep the Universal ATF in the transfer case. It is also important to replace the spin-on tranny filter at regular intervals.

I see reduced temps and improved shifting, as compared to traditional mineral based Dexron compatibles. Also, no change in color, feel or smell (I didn't taste it) from fresh to 30K. YMMV.......

Screefer
04-25-2007, 19:45
Thanks Dmax,
Whats the difference between the Torque-drive and the ATF?

DmaxMaverick
04-25-2007, 19:58
TorqueDrive meets/exceeds Allison's TES-295 standard. The same standard required of Transynd, the fluid sold by Allison distributors. There are warranty advantages using these fluids, but it only applies to medium/heavy duty commercial fleets, not light trucks.

Find more info at Amsoil's website (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atd.aspx).