PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question

scorpion501
04-25-2007, 21:57
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I purchased a 2006 crew cab, dually, Duramax/Allison and am having a problem getting the trailer light hookup to work. The right turn signal/brake lite was the only light working originally. Replaced the trailer fuse under the hood. Now the only thing that doesn't work is the left turn signal. Sounds strange to me. There is no juice to the yellow wire at the rear of the truck. Any suggestions where to check next? Thanks in advance for any help. Ron

DmaxMaverick
04-25-2007, 22:50
Welcome to the Forums!

Yep. Probably better in the trailering forum, so I'll move it to there.

You have separate fuses in the underhood fusebox for L, R, and running lights (Brake light is L+R). If all the fuses are good, you will have to chase wires. Sorry, but that's about it. There is an OEM plug the trailer wiring plugs into above the rear of the spare tire. If you are regularly blowing fuses, there may also be the "camper option" harness on top of the frame near the front of the driver side bed that could have a wire shorting. The trailer wiring is isolated from the truck lights.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know what you find, or if you have further questions.