PDA

View Full Version : DB2 Stanadyne IP cover special Torx head screws?

bdv
04-29-2007, 22:26
Looking for the size and supplier for the special Torx head screws (3) used on the top cover of a (DB2) DB2831-5436 Stanadyne injection pump. Would like the ability to tune IP and need to obtain access to internals of pump. The screws have a Torx profile but with a raise shaft in the center of the screw head which will not allow a standard Torx to fit.

Thanks Brent

DmaxMaverick
04-29-2007, 22:35
Not too uncommon. They are "security torx" heads. You should be able to find the bit at your hardware store and chain parts stores. You could also drill a torx bit, if you can't find one.

john8662
04-30-2007, 00:51
use caution here...

Count the tips in the "Star" if there are 5, call a stanadyne dealer to have them pop the top, you aren't going to find that bit.

If there are 6 tips, then you're golden, because it can be removed with the bit mentioned above...

But, because it has the security button in the middle, I'm betting it's the nasty one..

J

oilburnertoo
04-30-2007, 01:36
use caution here...

Count the tips in the "Star" if there are 5, call a stanadyne dealer to have them pop the top, you aren't going to find that bit.

If there are 6 tips, then you're golden, because it can be removed with the bit mentioned above...

But, because it has the security button in the middle, I'm betting it's the nasty one..

J

It is a proprietary[sp] stanadyne bit, good luck getting one, unless you are an authorized rebuilder/dealer. I've had luck grinding a slot across the head of the screw with a dremmel tool and removing them with a screwdriver, then just replace them with the old style screws. Good luck.

bdv
04-30-2007, 10:59
Well I am out of luck they are the 5 point Stanadyne specials. I will have to do some careful surgery with the Dremmel and slot them. Thanks for the help Brent