PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT--> Please read

DmaxMaverick
05-01-2007, 17:01
Beginning in the morning of May 3rd, we will be doing some major server maintenance. The website will be offline about 7:30 am PDT, and remain offline for several hours. I anticipate the forums will be back online in the afternoon, but may run into the evening. The Photo Album will follow shortly after.

This is getting my full attention, so please bear with us. If you have an immediate situation, Jim and I can still be reached by email during the process.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

EdHale
05-01-2007, 17:36
Thanks for the update. Good luck with the upgrade. Ed

DmaxMaverick
05-01-2007, 23:07
Thanks Ed.

DmaxMaverick
05-03-2007, 07:47
The server will be going offline at some time between 7:30 and 9 am PDT this morning. I will be performing a final backup at about 7:15 am. Any posts or PM's after the backup will not be restored after the maintenance process. Post at any time as you please, but bear this in mind if a post is missing later.

Please contact me or Jim by email with any questions. The PM system will be offline, as well.

In the meantime, you can spend some time at www.thedieselpage.com . That site will be up during the process. Only the forum and photo album site will be offline.

Thanks! See you on the other side........

DmaxMaverick
05-03-2007, 13:50
OK. We're still here. I'm waiting on the ISP to do their part, before I can do mine. Unfortunately, the site could be offline at anytime between now and sometime next year. Relying on other techs is no different than letting a strange (as in unknown) mechanic work on your truck. Frustrating......

DmaxMaverick
05-03-2007, 17:32
Alrighty then......

As most of you have probably noticed, it didn't happen today. I won't go into details, but it will be postponed until next week. I'll let you all know when I know more.

Dakster
05-06-2007, 07:38
DMAX:

You must have one of them Ford computer engineers working on your network...

DmaxMaverick
05-06-2007, 09:00
DMAX:

You must have one of them Ford computer engineers working on your network...

Sometimes I wonder........

DmaxMaverick
05-07-2007, 09:02
We are trying to get this done today. Much depends on the ISP tech to do his part, so I can't make any guarantees on their behalf. I'll do all I can to make this a smooth operation, but there will be a period of down time once it begins.

Please direct any questions/concerns to me via email. Thanks!

Dakster
05-08-2007, 18:48
Did your upgrade happen?

DmaxMaverick
05-08-2007, 21:30
Did your upgrade happen?

Nope. Rescheduled for next monday. Thanks for asking, though.

DmaxMaverick
06-16-2007, 11:37
We're back at it again. Some of you may have noticed a short down period yesterday, then again this morning. I'm trying to keep this as user friendly as possible, but expect a few more short periods of downtime, and at some point, we will have about a 12 hour down period. This will be over the next several days. Hopefully not too much longer. The main website, www.thedieselpage.com , will remain operational during this process.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me or Jim via email. Don't rely on the forum contact page, for now. When the server goes down, so does the forum contact.
(Jim) turbo@thedieselpage.com
(me) dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com