PDA

View Full Version : Help!

gstocker
05-01-2007, 20:41
I am heading out on a trip to a race with the the Duramax towing the race car trailer. With all of the thefts I was looking for a easy way of disabling the truck so that it can't be started. I have heard that even without the factory chipped key (if in fact it is chipped) that thieve's can still get it running. So I disconnected the #1 40 amp ignition fuse under the hood and tried to start it. It wouldn't start but on reinstillation of the fuse, it set a code. Any way of erasing the code with out taking it to the dealer?

Duramaster
05-01-2007, 22:57
Disconnect the batteries and wait for thirty seconds. Yrt that. Next time, just remove the starter relay from the under hood relay center. You can alsoremove the EDU realy (formerly known as the FICM relay). Either way the engine won't start.:D

Dakster
05-02-2007, 17:05
A large dog, preferably a pit bull with AIDS placed inside the truck is also a deterant...

Seriously, If you are that paranoid, have an radio/alarm installation shop put a hidden kill siwtch in. One that you have pull or press an existing knob to start the truck. That way you never forget to set it. I put one in a friends car, he had to hold the high beams on to start and in another car we put a hidden pull switch in the cig. lighter.... The possiblities are endless. Someone who knows the truck will know to look for missing/pulled relays/fuses.. Hard to search for the hidden button to start the truck...

Unless you want to pull and take with you all fuses and relays. A determined thief won't be stopped, but at least you can slow him down enough to finish reloading.