PDA

View Full Version : Name this connector??? no pic

rameye
05-04-2007, 18:33
While doing my little overhaul..I found a yellow weather tight connector pretty much corroded. The plastic is crumbly either due to heat or do to acidification seeing it below the passenger battery.

The location of this yellow connector with 2 wires going in and out, is on the passenger frame rail, on top about 8 inches away from the radiator core toward the rear of the vehicle. The connector had been attached to the top of the frame rail until I got hold of it. One pair of the wires is white and black...the other are a different color. it is the only connector in the area.

I'm hoping its something not terribly important..

Thanks for the help as always.

DmaxMaverick
05-04-2007, 18:48
SRS (airbag) collision sensor.

Robyn
05-04-2007, 19:25
I will second that motion..

I am supprised you have not gotten some sort of warning that says its not working???

john8662
05-04-2007, 21:05
Don't these things let you know in the form of a "boom"

What?

Just asking :)

Yellow connectors do identify airbag equipment wiring, usually accompanied by a warning tag...

1999GMC
05-04-2007, 21:16
Don't these things let you know in the form of a "boom"

What?

Just asking :)

Yellow connectors do identify airbag equipment wiring, usually accompanied by a warning tag...

No it should just turn the airbag light on.

DmaxMaverick
05-04-2007, 22:08
I doubt the ECM has anything to say about it. He's in the middle of an overhaul.

Also, he said 2 wires in and 2 out. Meaning, the harness connector is, still connected.....

rameye
05-05-2007, 06:01
Thanks for the reply..I'll be careful since its part of the SRS system.

Dmax is right in his assumption..the ignition has been off since November.

Hope to be on the road this week if all goes well.

Thanks again
Tom