PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: crossover pipe and downpipe

arveetek
05-07-2007, 08:56
I'm looking for an improved aftermarket crossover pipe and downpipe for my 1995 6.5TD Tahoe. I'm slowly gathering all the parts I need for some needed upgrades. I currently have boost and EGT guages ready to install, plus a full 3.5" exhaust system from the downpipe back. Once I have the crossover and downpipes, I should be all set to go!

New or used will be fine.

PM or email to cflint@midamericarv.com

Thanks!

Casey

john8662
05-07-2007, 11:00
Flowmaster has a kit that has both those parts in it.

I see sales online (ebay) selling the downpipe separatly, and some with the x-over too, pretty reasonable on price as well (which is something you and I both look into).

J

Shikaroka
05-07-2007, 11:17
Here is the Flowmaster combo, from Summit:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLO%2D17220&N=700+311317+115&autoview=sku

bikinjoe
05-07-2007, 13:40
anyone that sells just the cross over pipe?

joed
05-07-2007, 16:01
I believe Kennedy sells just the crossover, also Heath diesel.

A few years ago, I got mine from Turbo Technology.

Joe.

billschall
05-08-2007, 10:21
Warp Speed Performance

3" downpipe, $99
2.25" crossover $59

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/gmdiesel.htm

866-801-9338, ask for Dallas - great guy.

gvig
05-08-2007, 11:17
I just bought a complete 4 inch (three inch downpipe) system and a 2 1/2 inch crossover from Warpspeed. All mandrel bent. The products look perfect. Figured buying from Rogers, Arkansas was closer to Oklahoma, Haaaa. They are actually from Diamond Eye Performance in Athena, Oregon (God's country).

Much better finish than the 4 inch system I bought for the 95 that came from Jardine. That system uses a 3 inch downpipe, goes to 3 1/2 inch to the muffler area then 4 inch out the back. The Diamond Eye (Warpspeed) system goes directly to 4 inch after the downpipe. I have no complaint with Jardine's system, but the Warpspeed system looks better, fewer welds and smoother transitions.

As throaty as Jardine's system was, I can't wait to hear the Warpspeed (Diamond Eye) system :D

For those considering the "no muffler" approach, my experience has been that it sounds really throaty with no load but pulling the fiver it can get oppressively loud under acceleration to anyone on the passenger side of the truck. Actually way way too loud :eek:

Got the new heads from Clearwater now just waiting for the block back from the machinist and the pistons from JK and I can get on with assembling this beast.

George

arveetek
05-08-2007, 13:58
Flowmaster has a kit that has both those parts in it.

I see sales online (ebay) selling the downpipe separatly, and some with the x-over too, pretty reasonable on price as well (which is something you and I both look into).

J

Yeah, that Flowmaster kit looks quite nice, especially for only $113! That's not bad at all.

I'm definitely one of those guys where price is a major determing factor. I don't mind spending money if I feel like it's necessary and the best option. For an old Tahoe that doesn't do much towing, I don't see the need for more expensive hardware....

To everyone else,

Thanks for all the responses thus far...

Casey

arveetek
05-08-2007, 14:01
For those considering the "no muffler" approach, my experience has been that it sounds really throaty with no load but pulling the fiver it can get oppressively loud under acceleration to anyone on the passenger side of the truck. Actually way way too loud :eek:

George

I agree. My '81 has a Kennedy 4" muffler, and it can be a bit on the loud side with a heavy load. I definitely wouldn't want to ditch the muffler completely! Maybe if I had a longbed crew cab......:D

Casey

arveetek
05-10-2007, 13:23
I'm not in a hurry to find these parts, so if anyone has a better deal than Summit's, let me know.

I might be interested in used parts as well.

Casey