PDA

View Full Version : Intake System.

Tuckerllc
05-07-2007, 15:02
Hi everyone... I'm new to this and have a question. I'm quite sure that this question has probably been asked several times by nubies like myself so I apologize for making history repeat itself but........

I am trying to deciede on a good aftermarket intake for my 2002 Duramax. There are quite a few manufacturers out there, enough to make a guy think....

any comments/recomendations are welcome.

Also the other day a guy pulled up next to me at a stop light in a Silverado Duramax and when he left the stop light you could really hear the whistle/whine of his turbo pretty loud. any idea why his turbo was so loud?

Sounded pretty dam good to me!

Thanks in advance

T.

DmaxMaverick
05-07-2007, 15:59
Welcome to the Forums!

I have an AFE Stage II intake with an Amsoil cone oilless filter and the turbo really sings. There are a bunch of systems available, but I think the AFE is the most "no-nonsense" of all, as well as one of the first. The pipe is mandrel bent (no dents from bending), which I think is better than cast like many others. The install is very easy.

nbloecher@yahoo.com
05-07-2007, 16:06
I bought AEM BruteForce intake and the turbo is loud as hell(i love it)its a headturner,that could have been what you heard,or he also could have had exhaust and or a delete pipe(deleting muffler),theres a dude around my parts that has that exhaust,and it sounds crazy,you can REALLY here the turbo through the exhaust.The AEM doesnt have the best filtration(2micron)but it sounds crazy,cause its open as opposed to a closed box,like the rest.Hope this helps,and welcome theres an insane amount of knowledge here.

SoTxPollock
05-14-2007, 11:01
I was watching "TWO GUYS GARAGE" Sunday morning, Sam Memolo was doing work on his 02 duramax, had the hood up for a second or two. That has to be the largest intake pipe I've ever seen. Did anyone see that and have any idea what kind of intake system he has on that dully? It looked like a 5"diameter tube to me. Maybe it's homemade. Anyone Know?