PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Engine Warranty

Godzillamax
05-09-2007, 06:38
I recently purchased an 01 3500 Crew Dually DMax/Ally that has a factory replacement engine with 25,000 miles on it. How do I find out about warranty issues and do I need to know what dealer performed the work? The truck has 58,000 total miles and appears to be in very good condition overall.
Thanks for your help.

More Power
05-09-2007, 09:55
Your GM dealer has access to the warranty repair history of this truck using the GM Vehicle Inquiry System. Your dealer only needs to do a lookup on the truck's VIN, to verify whether or not the truck you're looking at has been a problem for its previous owner.

Jim

Duramaster
05-10-2007, 06:42
I work at a GMC dealer. What is the VIN?

Godzillamax
05-11-2007, 05:46
Thanks for the advice about having the dealer run the warranty history. The service writer was able to give me a printout of the history of the truck from day one. The engine was replaced at 46,000 and the report said "Universal Engine Replacement" and gave the date and the codes. Does this mean short block or long block, or is there such a thing in the diesel engine world?
The original injectors were replaced fairly early at the 2700 mile mark; there was a tow and courtesy car provided. The service writer told me that there was a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the engine so I am covered for a while, as the engine change was done 2/8/06 at 46K and I am now at 58,500.

Duramaster
05-13-2007, 00:10
The "new engine" is more than likely a "REMAN" engine. I have replaced two of the LB7 DMAX engines. If you crawl under the vehicle and look at the engine block, you should see a reman tag attached to the block. You might also notice that someone was very sloppy with the assembly adhesive (at least on my engines they were).

The reman engine comes with injectors and water pump. I believe that I had to swap over the balancer and flywheel and of course the rest of the engine components.:)