PDA

View Full Version : Electric door locks

Eduardo
05-09-2007, 16:00
Hi, I am having a problem with the electric door locks. Sometimes, when I lock the truck with the switch by the door, I cannot manage to open the door with the key no matter how hard I try to turn it. This happens on both doors.

Has anyone experienced that same problem? Any ideas on what the solution may be?

Thanks in advance.

redbird2
05-09-2007, 18:01
mine did this few years ago I lubed the lock part inside the door really well problem solved have had no problem since then give it a try it almost a free fix

robertb6963
05-09-2007, 21:30
Does anybody's inside locks open/close slowly or take two or three times to push the button to make it work? Just wonderin.

rtphillips370
05-09-2007, 23:19
My crew cab has two out of four elec door locks failing to move anymore, they twitch and thats about it, I have tried cleaning and oiling without success, so i plan to replace them eventually, but they are on the lower end of the to-do list. I did see that auto parts stores carry replacement actuators so they may no longer be a dealer only item.

Eduardo
05-12-2007, 13:44
Thank you all for your responses. I removed the door trim panel on the passenger door, as well as the door module, so that I could access the internals. I have lubricated everything, but I think I will wait until I do the same thing on the driver's side, just to see if what I did today makes any difference.

N9Phil
05-15-2007, 15:09
Eduardo, I just replaced the two rear door actuators on one of my 95

GMC Hauler
05-19-2007, 18:57
Just did the driver's door actuator too. Got a cheaper price at GMparts direct than RockAuto. took 15 minutes.

Eduardo
06-16-2007, 18:08
Update. At the first change of weather (rain) the driver's side lock refused to open while the lock on the passenger side door (which I lubricated recently) worked like a charm. So it seems that a bit of WD40 does the trick. I lubricated the actuator on the driver's door from outside by spraying WD40 through the narrow open space between the lock and the door. I must have hit it, because the door opens now.