PDA

View Full Version : I know there's an easier way

Stlheadake
05-09-2007, 20:20
I finally installed my pillar guages. I need now to find a place to tap into my dash lights to get dimmer controlled power to the lights in the guages. Any experience out there that can tell me an easier way or place to pick up the dimmer controlled power to the guages?

DmaxMaverick
05-09-2007, 20:38
I've done several, but none were 2006. It's a pretty safe bet you can splice into the dimmer from the back of the headlamp switch. It is very accessible. Just look for the wire that will vary voltage when the dimmer is rotated. Wish I could help further, but I don't have a 2006 diagram handy. When you figure it out, please post what you find so the rest of us will be in the know.

Kennedy
05-09-2007, 20:49
If you go to the footwell electrical center where you plug in the trailer brake control you will find there is a pin that dims with the dash lights. You'll want a 3/16" female spade connector. You can find with a test light.

DmaxMaverick
05-09-2007, 20:59
If you go to the footwell electrical center where you plug in the trailer brake control you will find there is a pin that dims with the dash lights. You'll want a 3/16" female spade connector. You can find with a test light.

That's a better idea. Thanks John!

Stlheadake
05-10-2007, 08:59

THAT'S the info I was looking for! Thanks to you both!

Scott