PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the "Mystery Turbo"?

restoguy
05-11-2007, 20:35
Am I missing something or have we not heard anything about RJ's special 'mystery turbo' in forever? I been waiting with baited breath, but I'd better get some gum because it's starting to get a little stale! I just found the crew cab that I've been wanting so I'm ready to start building my 'stroker-smoker' engine, but I want to know what has been discovered about that turbo so I can get one for my rig. Anyone hear anything?

More Power
05-12-2007, 15:44
I talked to RJ the other day about turbos.... If all goes according to plan, Ron will be sending me a prototype before long to shoot some photos and do a story (then I'll send it back so he can do more development & testing).

I'm hoping the final testing will be done on the hill this July during the Pull-Off. If all goes the way I expect, it'll be worth the wait! :)

Jim

TurboDiverArt
05-14-2007, 11:31
I talked to RJ the other day about turbos.... If all goes according to plan, Ron will be sending me a prototype before long to shoot some photos and do a story (then I'll send it back so he can do more development & testing).

I'm hoping the final testing will be done on the hill this July during the Pull-Off. If all goes the way I expect, it'll be worth the wait! :)

Jim
If it all comes together that will be an article to remember!

moondoggie
05-15-2007, 10:52
Good Day!

Please keep in mind - RJ runs his engineering consulting business out of his house, & sometimes business is slow, which doesn't allow $ to do what he wants. Sometimes business is good, which doesn't allow time to do what he wants. And, he is MONDO involved in his kids' lives - everything else (including work) takes a distant 2nd place.

Keep in mind - you can almost certainly do everything you want to your engine, & R & R the turbo at any later time in the vehicle with little difficulty.

Blessings!

restoguy
05-17-2007, 07:38
Keep in mind - you can almost certainly do everything you want to your engine, & R & R the turbo at any later time in the vehicle with little difficulty.

So true, my friend. It would probably be better to give it a little 'break in time' without all the speed goodies anyway. If you know what I mean!? I'll just wait paitently, like everyone else.