PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a '93 K2500?

Stamm1
05-14-2007, 11:28
I recently purchased a 1993 K2500 5spd. 250,000mi, rebuilt motor at about 210,000mi, new clutch, rear end rebuilt, brakes. The motor runs great, but I was wanting to know what I can to to up the power,while maintain the reliability?
It has 3" exhaust, w/ Factory down pipe :( . I know its a mech injection. Is there an EGR that I can block? No emissions where I live, the cat is already gone. I'm planning on guages, and down pipe. when I get some extra $$

Thanks

JohnC
05-14-2007, 12:48
The '93 didn't come with egr or a cat. A Turbo-master wastegate control plus a little turning up on the pump can get you a little more power. An Intercooler isn't a bad idea, either. Otherwise, read up on the Dieselpage 6.5 power project, but that was a ground up job.

bcbigfoot
05-14-2007, 18:53
Getting rid of the factory downpipe and factory intake snorkel in the fender really helped to wake up my 93. And like John C says a turbo master set a little higher than the factory 4 to 6 psi boost.

bmp34
05-14-2007, 22:21
I got the same truck and i put a 4in exhuast on mine with a 3in down pipe....all straight. (no muffler or cat) and put a cold air intake in. Really woke mine up. Im guna put 40hp marine injectors in this summer and have the pump rebuilt and turn it up a turn or so. You got a pretty rare Mechanical Injection Chevy that many people want cuz you can turn up the pump. I got 4 offers the first month i had mine. Im guna get a boost controller along with gauges to make sure ole Cheyenne is running good.