PDA

View Full Version : Edge A2

Inspector
05-14-2007, 23:48
Can the A2 maps be updated from the CD using a card reader without destroying the other software for the chip?
Denny

Kennedy
05-15-2007, 08:13
I didn't know there was a CD. What I've always done in the past is download from Edge's web site using their programming deal.

Inspector
05-15-2007, 19:35
Thanks John.
Either way you have to hook the A2 up to the computer as I read it. I can't get the program to recognize the A2 to begin with.
Denny

Inspector
05-15-2007, 19:38
John:
Where on Edges web site did you find the download for the maps.
Denny

Kennedy
05-16-2007, 07:03
I haven't been there for a while, but it was under Updates. You need a card reader and remove the card from the device, take to the PC's USB port and program there. There is no direct link to the A2 and you need the Edge software (free download) to do this.

Inspector
05-16-2007, 07:16
Thanks again John.
I've been to updates and there isn't anything that I could see that would get me new maps. I do have a mesage in to Edge and am awaiting a reply. If I don't hear from them today I will call.
Denny

Inspector
05-26-2007, 11:12
All you folks with the A2 and bought it not only for the Juice interface but for the navigation capability, it can't be upgraded to Navigator 6. The Solfware is not compatible with the A2. The maps are compartmentalized differently than Nav 5 was. They put all the new maps in cabinets and therefore won't load over the previous maps. The Instructions for the Nav 6 say to delete all the maps that are on your TOMTOM but that is for their units. The A2 was just licenced to use TOMTOM Nav 5.
Only after I bought Nav 6 on DVD did I find out that I couldn't use the maps. TOMTOM wouldn't even refund my money.
Don't look for any support from TOMTOM on this as they say its not their problem that it is Edges.
If anyone has a way that they might be able to get around this, I'm sure that there are many here that could use the help.
Denny