PDA

View Full Version : No fan for air or heat?

neo
05-15-2007, 14:47
Hi all,
After disconnecting my heater core cause it has a hole, and doing ball joint replacement on my 89 V2500, my fan no longer comes on for the Heat or air. I noticed a what looks like a large relay on the side of the evap box inside the engine bay on the outside near the fender with one wire flapping loose that ahs a spade connector. I don't have any wiring diagrams to use, but if someone can help me understand which fuse (I have checked em all) is used to drive the fan. If anyone has electrical schematic, that would be really great! THanks.
Neo

joed
05-16-2007, 12:30
The same thing happened to me. Were you able to reconnect the wire?

At least on my 82, the wire from the relay plugs into a spade terminal down low, closer to the pass. side?. This terminal is recessed quite a bit, and hard to get to/see.

Keep looking, you may have to step back some to see it.

Hope that helps.

Joe.

DmaxMaverick
05-16-2007, 13:34
The thing in the evap duct with the connector on it is the resistor module. If it's disconnected, the blower won't blow. If you lose individual fan speeds, it is also the likely suspect.

The blower fuse names varied by model and year. It should be blower, A/C, or HVAC.

neo
05-16-2007, 18:49
Thanks guys! FOund where the spade connector connects up underneath what looks like a fan housing/shroud to me. Once it was plugged in, it runs like it should. Thank you all very much.