PDA

View Full Version : CarCode setup and ABS codes

TurboDiverArt
05-19-2007, 07:51
Hi All,

I just got my copy of CarCode. I could ask this question to the Car Code people but thought I would probably get a faster response and other new Car Code users could benefit from the answer if I asked here.

I have an ABS light on. I think it's most likely a speed sensor somewhere. I'm hoping Car Code can point me in the correct direction. When I go into

joed
05-19-2007, 08:50
Have you noticed the other recent Carcode thread - he's got some good screenshots shown.

Under data - enhanced, you'l want to pick 'L65 6.5 Diesel 96-02' to get all the engine and auto trans. parameters. I use the "medium duty" choice since I have a manual trans, so I"m not sure if any ABS sensors are read.

It shouldn't matter if you have the light on - you can read the codes: click the codes tab first then select request - the code may show there. Also check the lower window - select GM from the dropdown, hit request. Then pick the enhanced pulldown, and pick ABS from the dropdown as I think Powertrain Module is the default. You may also need to choose GM from the other dropdown.

As for the TDCO, it should be the same, running or not. The other timing values will be different when running, obviously.

Just play with, once you get a little experience it becomes fairly intuitive.

Hope this helps.

Joe.