PDA

View Full Version : New Version of Carcode is now on OBD-2.com

lifer
05-19-2007, 14:19
Hey, the new version of Carcode is now available for download on OBD-2.com

I don't know what is new for us, but I'm hoping it will display more than one decimal point for TDCO.

gmctd
05-19-2007, 14:54
It's not really all that important, lifer, as the numbers run like 1.4x, 1.5x, 1.6x, 1.7x, 1.8x, 1.9x and do not round up or down - if you got 1.9, you got 1.94, not 1.88 or 1.92.

Thanks for the heads up - I still haven't even been able to get mine working - I have several of the pcware scantools on the same PC for comparison - guess maybe it needs an OBD2 connection to finish the installation\registry process.

lifer
05-20-2007, 17:49
Thanks gmctd, I tend to worry about those minor numbers. I'm glad to hear it's not a problem. On the carcode thing, I have another PC based OBD2 product called BR-3 from obddiagnostics and carcode won't recognize it. Unless you have the hardware from the carcode guy it probably won't work.

DA BIG ONE
05-20-2007, 19:07
Looks like , glow plug learn, boost control, timing set, power distribution...........

As boost set goes mines at 75% any of you know if higher % would be better, or?

gmctd
05-20-2007, 21:06
It's based on local Baro pressure and MAP sensor accuracy - watch that number while you're driving to see how PCM regulates Boost to ~7psi - 'course, as you know, Boost is not needed at idle unless you're on Pike's Peak or the Himalayas or somewhere else in the near stratosphere............