PDA

View Full Version : auto dual zone a/c ?

conejo
05-21-2007, 08:01
I traded my 2001 d max for a 2007 d max with dual zone auto heating and air. Automatic? I don't think so.
When the outside air temp is below 50 you can set the temp anywhere over 60 and it will not shut off, 61 set inside cab 101 well not that high, haven't tested it that high but it does get over 80 and still going. Even with the system off hot air continues comming out of the heater, increasing with speed, unless you turn the temp to 60 then you get cold air, so its a constant switch back and forth from 60 to 61.

I have taken it to the '"loco" dealer twice and they say nothing is wrong !
Not if you like driving around in the winter with the windows down or becomming the "auto temp controler"

Help

More Power
06-01-2007, 15:13
Look for another dealer. They should be able to tell you exactly how the dual-zone system should operate and be able to diagnose any related problem.

Jim

Dakster
06-02-2007, 06:37
Welcome to the world of electronics. I like the manual a/c systems the best. Let me turn it to the temp I want and fan speed I want with relative ease. I have the opposite problem with the COLD setting as I am in hot South Florida. All of the cars I've owned or driven with auto a/c have this issue although not nearly as severe as what you are describing.

My issue with auto a/c's is that I turn the A/C setting to 74, take off bring in hot air (fresh air) and I have a mini-hurricane in the truck for a long time. (Even with bring in fresh air it is a mini-hurricane that smells like the exhaust of the vehicle in front of me) Faster Air does not always equal cooler air.

The truck does this much longer than my suburban or Yukon XL Denali would do. (I understand in the beginning the truck is 140 degrees+ inside the cab - but after I roll the windows down and drive a couple of blocks the cab temp is around 80 or lower)

I fix this by going even higher in the temp, but then it stops blowing cold air and starts to blow warm/cool air. Now it is second nature, I go to 76 in the beggining and slowly move the temp down to 72. Sometimes I still have to over-ride the fan speed until the temp equals out.

I agree to take it to another dealer. In your case it sounds like the temp sensor is bad. What does the truck do if you auto-start it. According to the manual it decides based on air temp whether to turn the heat or a/c on and by how much? Duramaster might be able to tell us if the a/c temp sensor can be read from the GM Scan Tool.

I just tinted my windows and it will be interesting to see how that affects my issue and I think the sun is over-heating the temp sensor in my case.