PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good quality service manual

dually0185
05-24-2007, 21:05
I've been in the hunt for a repair and service manual. Does anyone know of a good quality one that I can pick up. I see Hanes and Chiltons but I have had these in the past with other trucks but noticed that they are only so detailed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ercaduceus
05-24-2007, 22:18
Hello,

Check SSdiesel supply at www.ssdieselsupply.com. They have the Haines diesel repar manual as well as the GM Technician Sevice Manuals for the 94-95 and 96+ 6.5TD. They are expensive though. You could also try searching ebay.

Happy Hunting,

Mike

garre1tt
05-24-2007, 22:59
I have used alldata.com for many years and have been happy.
It is not as good as a service manuel but what it does not have the TDP members got me through.

Michael D

Robyn
05-25-2007, 08:47
Many of the factory manuals are still available through HELM
They have an online presence and you can order directly from them.

Ebay is also a great place to shop.
I recently bought a complete factory wiring book for my 91 Burb for $15
Patience will yield many good things if you shop online. :D

The aftermarket manuals tend to be too generic in many cases and may leave you wanting for more.

Hope this helps

Robyn

moondoggie
05-25-2007, 09:33
Good Day!

Helm (http://www.helminc.com) produces the factory GM service information (& many others). I've got one of these for every vehicle I own.

All_Data_DIY (http://www.alldatadiy.com) is a (at least at 1st glance) nice on-line option too. All TSB's are quickly available. For older 6.2/6.5's that's of limited value - the best info is available here on the Page. (I ordered it for my wife's 02 Century, NOT for any of my diesels.)

Good Luck & Blessings!

dually0185
05-25-2007, 11:43
Thanks all for the informtion. This really helps alot. These forums come in really handy.

I found exactly what I was looking for at Helm.

This is the in detail shop manual that is the all giving of knowledge.

Thanks again.

tommac95
05-25-2007, 19:01
I use Helm complete set , plus Haynes full-size pickup (good for interior , nice fotos) , plus Jim Bigley's TDP R&R guide....