PDA

View Full Version : Bed Length in VIN?

Thumper Pilot
05-25-2007, 23:17
Hi, new to forum and shopping for 1st diesel truck. Great site, great people willing to share their stories, good or bad - such a big help!

I've already settled on getting a 2500 series duramax truck, chevy or gmc no real big preference either way.

My question is does anyone know if there's a digit in the VIN of the Duramax 2500 series trucks that depicts which bed: short or long?

I know it sounds crazy but in some of the pics I've seen of used trucks, I can't tell and a lot of times the descriptions don't mention it. I don't know if it's the camera angles or just my aging eyeballs!

Thanks in advance.

Dura-Ration
05-26-2007, 04:20
Thumper, to answer your question, no its not in the VIN number. But if you can look at the Drivers door jam label ( Vehicle Certification Label )
look for the model number. Like Model K25743 , The K meaning (selectable 4wheel drive ), The 2 meaning ( 3/4 ton ) , The 57 meaning ( the Short Bed ) and lastly 43 meaning ( crew cab ). Now there other numbers that can mean different things like, instead of the 57 number it could have 59, meaning ( Long Bed ). I hope this answers your question. :)
Steve

Thumper Pilot
05-26-2007, 12:30
Ahh, ok, that'll help Steve, thanks. I've seen a lot of sellers that have posted a pic of that lable, so I'll look for those numbers. Thanks a lot! Jeff