PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate lock?

DocRobbs
05-26-2007, 06:17
I'm looking for a tailgate lock and have come up with some options.

1) Pop N Lock Manual- Looks very easy to add on. adds to the stock look

2) Pop N Lock Power - Sounds really nice. but how easy is it to install and what does it look like? Does it have a key also?

3) Bully integrated tailgate lock - Looks more stock, cheaper. How easy is it to install?

Just want to get moving on the retractable bed cover and bedliner. I've decided on Line-x Xtra (wife wants color matching) and I'm not happy with Rhino. I have to wait until the closest Xtra shop opens (Knoxville and they say in the next month or so)

Looking at the Retrax (Online ~$900) I thought about American Roll Tonneau Cover from Truck Covers USA (Online ~$1350). Haven't seen either and there isn't anyone local to look at them. Retrax is cheaper and has a lot of support from the folks here. I can get a Pace-Edwards local and I saw a small sample of the top material. I was impressed but its still a lot more and I like the idea of bearings vs. plastic bushings as the moving parts.

Since I haven't seen any of these products I'm open to suggestions

jbplock
05-26-2007, 09:46
I've had a Pop'n Lock and Re-Trax on my 03 since the truck was new ... both work well, look good, no problems ... I also had a Pace-Edwards on my 98 .. it was OK but IMHO the Re-Trax is much better ...

:)

cabletech
05-26-2007, 17:27
I had the Bully lock on my last truck. I would not buy one again. I have the Pop N Lock on my current truck and it works great.

Jay

DocRobbs
05-27-2007, 04:46
Well I'm going to go with the Line-x Xtra Color matched (As soon as I can get a locl dealer), Retrax bed cover and electric tailgate lock.

I'd like to get the retrax before the bedliner especially since I have to wait but I think that'll make it 2 separate installs since the rails will be slightly different.

Jason.Benjamin
08-18-2007, 03:13
I have the power lock and I Love it.

I had it tied into the Driver door to trigger it with the door locks. Which make it a no brain and I then never forget.

Installed by the local Alarm shop with the remote start.

Ps. If you install it yourself make sure to use a relay as to not overload your normal door lock units.

pushpole
08-21-2007, 15:55
I've had the Power Gate since my 02 was new. I wired it into the rear passenger door lock circuit. No key and "fairly secure". Face it if somebody really wants in to your bed they're gonna get in. http://www.4wheelonline.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryId=2144